Something Fun for a Saturday

I found this fun and cool site from Eric at Working my Muse. It will analyze snippets of your writing and tell you which successful writer your style and voice is most like. I decided to try it out, first using this story.



I write like
Stephen King
I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!


Out of curiosity, I decided to try another. This time I took it from my chapter entry for the Primal Blogfest post. The snippet is from the suspense manuscript, The Stone Man. This is what came up.



I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!


Hmm. I never read his works before. Okay. I wasn't sure if I wanted confirmation that I wrote strictly by the styles of Stephen King, or whether other authors I read would appear - as is sometimes a writer's want to emulate those authors they read.

I decided to do one more. The first sample was just a simple offhand event that happened to me one day. The second piece was pure fiction in the writing style I concentrate on. So what would happen if I analyzed something completely different? I entered a children's short story I wrote a while back.



I write like
Stephen King
I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!


Okay, I write like Stephen King and David Foster Wallace(I did it once more, with a Fractured Fairy Tale, and it came up as David Foster Wallace). Split even tie!

This was an entertaining exercise. Do please try it out for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for putting my name in lights again on your awesome blog :)

    That's awesome though, that you are compared to Stephen King. Okay, so we're maybe not anywhere near the same realm as these greats, but even if we're on the right path towards writing as well as they do, it's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. Thanks for stopping by!